Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tunic for my expanding tummy

I don't know why, but I really don't like buying maternity clothing. They always seem so much more expensive than normal clothes, you know you are only going to wear them for a wee while and they are usually rather boring. I know there are lovely bits and pieces out there but it all seems to be "designer" and just way out of my price range. Been a bit of a sew I thought I could make a whole bunch, but, there are no patterns! Well there are a few, but it is the same stuff from when I was having my son (6 years ago now) and again it is pretty dull. So when I found this pattern by Burda 7356, I thought I would give it ago.

I did change it a tiny bit. I put elastic in the sleeves instead of a tie and that was it. I really love the front. Gives nice shape and is rather nice. The back makes my butt look massive. Well I know it is, but it is sort of like an un-shaped tee-shirt. But so be it. I think I will make it again. Well I really have to no choice. It is a merino tunic so to buy one would be $150 at least I think! More likely to be more as non-pregnant ones are about that.

I had some of this merino left over so I made Adele merino leggings. We can sort of match. I need to make myself some three quarter leggings to wear under this. I am about to cut out another dress, it is a standard dress but it has an elasticated bit under the bobbies so I think it should work o.k. So a couple of them, a couple of this tunic, a few pairs of leggings and I might look a wee bit fancy this winter. Or, to be fair, a big ball of colour and merino. It sounds all a bit down, but, I put on huge amounts of weight as I have huge babies, so just preparing.

Tx

1 comment:

  1. I know how that is. I have put on huge amounts of weight with this baby. I am 27 weeks now with #3 and I feel like a whale. None of my pants fit (and I was able to wear all my shop bought preggy clothes for the last 2 pregnancies).

    ReplyDelete