Sorry for the blurry photos, my model wouldn't keep still!
I borrowed a pattern off a friend. McCalls M6391. It has some super duper cute skirts for wee girls. One really caught my eye, I have had the pattern for a couple of weeks now so I thought I really should make it so I could return the pattern. I had some beautiful fabric I brought, gosh, months ago. A shop was closing down so I brought quite a bit. It has little gold flecks and the prettiest wee flowers over it. So I thought the two of them would go cute nice together.
The pattern called for the skirt to be bunched up, sort of like the flower girl dress I made for Adele, but I wanted it "un-bunched". Plus I only had a metre and even then it was going to be a push to get it right. And hence it is now ultra short. I didn't have enough, but I thought since I wasn't doing the bunching it would be o.k. As soon as I cut it I knew it was going to be wrong. There were two other skirts I could have made, but no I manage to pick the one that isn't really going to be suitable. I made it when Adele was asleep so I had to wait to this morning to see how bad it really was. It is o.k. on the sides, but at the front and back, oh the back, are too short for a three year old! So I teamed it with leggings and she is happy. I think she is just happy to get some thing new. It has been a while. I have been putting my tags with my logo on the kids clothes. They love it. They think they are getting branded clothing! Bless them, great confidence builders!!