Thursday, April 19, 2012

A skirt for a wee friend



Adele has been invited to a party in a 4th birthday party in a couple of weeks. It seems like we just finished all the 5th parties from Ryan starting school and another bundle of parties is starting. This one though, I was very excited about myself as I like the little girls mum, she is a friend of mine and the daughter was one of the first friends Adele made by herself. The daughter and Adele became friends through Playcentre and then by their association the mum and I became friends.
So it is her party in about two weeks time. I think, I better check my diary. So as it is the school holidays right now the kids and I all went into Spotlight to look for fabric. She is well into Spider man and I wanted to make a Spider man skirt, but I couldn't find any way where. So I saw this, Adele and I loved it. Ryan not so much. He had found a cream and blue floral fabric and was putting up a good fight for us to buy it! In the end mum won (of course) and we went with the black.
So when we get invited to parties I have an amount we spend on presents. Anyone who has kids will understand just how many they seem to be invited too. Now that Adele is getting invited to parties, plus with Ryan's school friends and then coffee group, kids of our friends... Well there is quite a few parties! So with girls it is pretty easy, I make a dress or skirt or something cute and a bit different. I buy my "budget" worth of fabric and team it with bits and pieces I have a home. So this fabric was on special so I could get a good whole metre. So I can make the skirt and I should also be able to make a matching toy bag. How cute is that going to be!!!!!
The red tulle I have as the under skirt is attached to some hot pink I have left over from a quilt and the red tulle is from what I had on our wedding. It was tied around some palm leaves. I don't even feel sad with it departing the house as I know that it is going to some lovely friends. Oh so the skirt, it is just a standard elastic skirt, two layers. The hot pink underneath has a small strip of the red tulle attached to the bottom to make an underskirt. Adele said it was like a balloon skirt. She likes it. I really like the fabric so I think I might get a bit more to make Adele a dress I have had a pattern for.
On our news, had the half way scan. All is looking super duper good. And we are having another girl! Adele is very excited, Ryan not so much. He is very much hanging on to the small chance the sonographer got it wrong. To begin with he wouldn't even talk about her being a girl. But as we started showing him the up side of being the only boy and grandson on both sides, he has started to see this could be a good thing.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment