Monday, January 20, 2014

Back to Real Life

What a great summer holidays the kids have had. We have been to three different beaches. Spent about three weeks away from Hamilton and spent a lot of time with friends and family. Today is the first day in forever at home. Well until a few hours as we are off to a movie.

I have been doing a bunch of cooking and baking, just the normal staples. Vanilla cake and onion relish. Not together of course. I didn't get as much sewing done as planned, but that was mainly due to us being so busy having fun.




When we got home from one stay at the beach we found we had been robbed. Not too much was taken, TV, laptops, you know, all the electronic stuff and thankfully the house wasn't trashed. Bags opened and tipped out. Still a yucky feeling. And put a bit of a downer on things. Thankfully three days later we were off to another beach and all that became a distant memory.

Today I have started on Adele's birthday. So far we have made the invitations and I managed to make her dress. Got to have a birthday dress!

I used a pattern called Stella by Violette Field Threads. It is so simple and perfect. Adele has been wanting a one shoulder dress for ages. I found this on Pinterest, got the pattern and all done. I got the fabric from good old Spotlight. Adele picked it. I also got the same fabric in a purple. I might just make matching dresses.







So my poor Adele had a hearing re-test at the hospital last week. And it turns out she will be needing hearing aids for life. She had them fitted the other day. It comes as a huge shock to us as she has a great vocabulary and we never suspected a thing. But the aids are really "cool" and the child gets to pick bright colours and they are just so better than I thought they would be. And it means she will hear properly and learn more and really once we got over the shock I am not to fazed by it.


Adele getting her moulds taken.


So life continues on, 2014 appears to be equally as busy and crazy as 2013.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment