Sunday, January 26, 2014

Birthday Skirt

Birthday party invites are starting to come in again. Adele has had two parties this week, Ryan has a couple before school goes back, a friends baby is turning one and, of course, we have Adeles big party. Oh and a birthday for me, but no party.

The party we went to on Sunday was our old neighbours daughter. Adele and her had been the best of friends and it was so sad when we moved away. We have caught up a couple of time since we moved, the girls still love each other to bits. When we arrived at the party from that moment on I am not sure if the girl played with any of her other guests.

I made her a skirt, her mum is all into home made things so I knew it would appreciated. Plus, I knew she would like the style as a friend of hers posted a picture of her daughter in the style of this skirt. She had commented on how much she liked it. So I sort of copied the skirt. I made it fit Adele, they are the same size so I knew it would fit her. It was easy to recreate. A lot of straight cutting and sewing.


I used the matching purple spots and chevron to Adele's pink. I would really like a picture of the girls in their sort of matching outfits. I really hope she wears her skirt to Adele's party.



And of course a cute picture of Greta. She kept popping up in the photos of I was trying to take of the skirt. Of course I have to include one.

I am about to send off the enrolment form to do a Diploma in Photography. Whether this leads to a career change I don't know, but the next couple of years will be filled with learning and be interesting. I am looking forward to it, but sort of nervous too. I haven't done study in a while so I hope I can manage it, and the kids and everything else.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment