Thursday, June 4, 2015

Baby Gift

This present is a little late, but better late than never. The baby this quilt is off to was born in December, but a quilt isn't really a super new born gift anyway ;)

I was so busy finishing my course and doing so much else that I just didn't have enough time which is terrible.

I have had these fabrics for years, like truly years. I have been trying to use up my stash, and have made a good dent. Which means I did go out and buy a little (massive) amount of fabric this afternoon, but thats a secret.


I really didn't know what I was going to do with it, so I started cutting 5 inch squares thinking I would just do a square quilt like my Little Kukla.


But I changed my mind and wanted to do something different, I make a lot of square patchwork quilts  and whilst I do find them rewarding still, but this time, chevrons. I think they are still in fashion, I don't know, I still like them.


This is "Wishing Well" by the designer Jenean Morrison and in a fan star moment, I posted the quilt on Instagram and she liked it!!!! Said she loved it!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment