Friday, February 24, 2012

Chocolate Slice and a bit of news

Lately I have been crazy busy sewing for the Women's Expo in May. So I have not really been doing anything new. But I have been sewing flat out pretty much every day. Good for me as I really want to have all my stock sorted about a month out so no crazy rushing about. And I can add other items if I get my list done. But pretty dull as it is all the same stuff and I have all these wonderful new patterns I want to make up and fabric and well I guess I can't do every thing no matter how much I think I can.
So even my cooking and baking has all been stuff I know I can pretty much whip up. But as I was a little over cupcakes, I have made a good old family fav. I can't remember the last time I made this as Blair doesn't like coconut so wont eat it, so usually means I end up eating it all! Now usually this would frustrate me but since I am 13 week pregnant I really don't mind. Yes, that's right 13 weeks!!!!!! So that has also put a bit of a slow down on my sewing progress as I have been so so so so tired!!!! More tired than I have been with the other two. Now I am starting to get my energy back I am trying to keep moving and doing stuff. So slice always looks pretty blah when you photograph it, but if you like coconut and butter you will love this.
Chocolate Slice:
150 grams butter
1 and a half cups flour
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1 and a half baking powder (which I have JUST noticed I didn't put in :(, darn)
3 tablespoons of cocoa.
Melt the butter till it is runny. In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Combine, bake for 10 mins and 180. Once cooled ice.
Brilliant! Usually super easy, so tasty and I am guessing I will have eaten it all by tomorrow!
Tx

2 comments:

  1. After reading your recipe,I'm not sure on the baking powder amount, and is it to be sliced, after cooling?I would love to try it.It sounds simple enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaspoons!! Bad baking day!! So should read 1 and a half teaspoons.

    ReplyDelete