Saturday, February 4, 2012

Adele's third birthday

It has been a while, sorry about that. Been under the weather for a while, I think I am starting to feel better now so that is a relief.

Anyway it was Adele's birthday the other day. We had her party today. It was a pretty overcast day. With the plan being a pool party it sort of was a bit of a bummer. But you know, the kids were in the pool, riding on the bikes and just having fun. So really it was fine. In fact great, they really had so much fun.

I made Adele a handbag cake. She really was not impressed. She wanted a mermaid cake, I just didn't have the time or energy so she got a handbag cake. Even then we were up late making it. I couldn't get the handles to work at all. In the end a good old piece of number eight wire kept it all in place.

I kept the buntings I made for Amanda's wedding, so they were perfect. My friends all had a giggle as they knew how long they had taken, so I think they were all pleased to see them being used again. It really did make it look festive. Perfect for a little girl.
My attempt at a bit of healthy food. ANZAC biscuits. So lots of oats and coconut. All the kids did was eat the icing. I tried!
And the birthday girl. By the time it got to cake she was completely fine with a handbag cake. Bless her. I think she had a lovely morning. I was so impressed with the kids all playing so well together. We just let they play, no games or activities, but good old fashion running around and making their own fun.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment