Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A special quilt

I have been chipping away at this new quilt top. I call it my combination quilt. I think I mentioned a sick little boy a few posts ago. I got donated a few pieces of fabric, some I could use in this project and some I will use in another project for him. So a combination of people have helped make this quilt possible.

I did a scrappy trip as I could use any fabrics I received and didn't really need to worry about scale, colour or value. Then I had a whole bunch of the blue 2.5 inch squares left over from another project so I used them as the boarder. I quite like how that has finished this one. It's a reasonable size, 40 x 52 inch. Perfect for chilling out under.

I have a couple of other things to make and I have mum making a hat and another friends mum making these cool knitted adult booties. Sounds odd but they are brilliant.

Tx

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you've done the border on this! I might have to work that into a project sometimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so pleased with it, just binding to go

      Delete