Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stuck

Another wee baby has been born to a friend. She, unfortunately lives in the UK so I really don't see her all that much. The benefits of a modern world with Facebook and stuff that you can feel like you are still a part of their life even if you may never see them again.





Anyway, it is her second boy. Her first boy I sent over a bunch of clothes I had made, I think. This time I wanted to make a quilt. I wanted boy fabric which wasn't the traditional cars, trucks, bears, you know what I mean. The fabric I chose I had brought to make the girls some clothes that wasn't girlie. Theirs has mermaids but then I looked at the range there was quite a bit so I could get four different patterns without having to use the mermaids. Nice blues and greens and orange/salmon. Since I am on a bit of a 2.5 inch squares thing at the moment I wanted to do a chequer board type design. I found co-ordinating teal-ish blue and salmon/orange solids and wow I am pretty pleased. Though I am super stuck, I don't know what to do in the middle. I have four patterns and two solids. I may think about this over the afternoon and hopefully finish it all up tomorrow so I can get it into the post. I am thinking a sort of mix and match of all the fabrics in a strange chequer board mix. Just trying to think about how it would look without cutting the fabric first.

Tx

1 comment:

  1. What about red, and then a mix of all the other pattern fabrics?

    ReplyDelete