Saturday, November 23, 2013

Apartment Nine Done

I am so pleased. I managed to have a very productive day. I did a bit of house work, spent some lovely time with my son and finished a quilt top. 


I would make a block, do a chore, do another block, read a story. It was such a great way to do it. I don't feel guilty for sewing and Ryan and I got to have a nice day together. Blair and Adele are away at the beach so it is me and the other two kids and it really has been just a nice day.


I was using plain white but started to run low, thankfully up the road is a sewing shop. Not a good one but good for that urgent purchase. I decided to use a printed white, add a little bit more to the quilt. 


And the border was meant to be one white one patterned but I liked the idea of  a bit more colour. 

I am really happy with it. I just can't wait to give it to Ryan's teacher. I hope she likes it. I know that not everyone is into quilts, but I have a feeling that even if this is not her colour or style she will appreciate the effort. After all she will always notice handmade stuff. 

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment