Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nicey Jane done

Today has been such a great day. I had no plans, no places to go. Greta and I just chilled out and made a quick visit to Donnas.

In very slow time, sewed up a few bits, added a few more, Greta had a sleep and before I knew it the quilt top was finished. All I had to do was a couple of rows of sashing and the borders so not like I made the whole thing. 


It is a perfect bed size. Nice and large so there is hanging off the sides.


And such lovely girl colours without being baby girlie. This is a little lady's quilt. 


It is going to be a mammoth task to quilt this. Wow! I don't even know where to start. I guess the first step will be to get some backing. 


I am going to use this bright pink as the binding. It looks odd in the photo but it looks great in real life. Adds a bit of brightness to the paler colours. 

I feel very lucky to have this jelly roll and on sale. I had been wanting some of this line and still can't believe I got one. 

Need to start my Christmas sewing now. Collecting fabrics and patterns already so should be able to start pumping out some outfits soon. 

Tx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, it's so nice and I have heard her next line is just as lovely

      Delete
  2. Hi Tessa, I found your blog just recently through KMB and have been looking at all your latest quilting projects - inspiring! This one is my favourite, I think - the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe shucks. Glad you find it inspiring. Thank you

      Delete