Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Treats

It really is starting to feel a lot like Christmas now. I made a batch of fudge and a few chocolates. Adele has her kindy show tomorrow and we have to bring food for a shared morning tea. I thought the chocolates will be a nice touch. All Christmas themed.


Two king size bars of chocolate melted and turned into...


Yum!!!!!!

The fudge I made came from a Facebook link. I make the odd thing that pops up in my news feed, a lot of it is rubbish. Pancakes made from a banana and egg, gross!!!!!! 

But this fudge is yummy. I had to make a couple of changes, not from choice. I had no baileys as suggested so I used kahlua and I accidentally brought white chocolate with macadamia nuts instead of plain white chocolate. Thankfully it tastes yummy still. 


Really how can butter, sugar and chocolate even go wrong.


I may have tasted it and in my opinion it is delicious. 

150 mls of kahlua (or baileys)
50 ml milk
30 ml butter
350 gm sugar
300 gm white chocolate

Over a low heat melt and mix 125 mls kahlua, milk, butter and sugar. Stir until sugar is all dissolved. Turn up the heat and gently simmer for 10 mins. Stir in remaining kahlua and chocolate until melted. Pour in a dish and refrigerate until set. 

It's a sugary happy house at the moment. 

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment