Saturday, February 1, 2014

And Five done

Today was the day of the big party. As quick as a flash it was all over. All done, my middle baby is 5. She is so exited about school on Tuesday. So excited in fact she has been practising her walk with her back pack on. She is trying to work out if she will walk or skip. Oh the dilemma!


For her party we invited a few of her kindy friends and a bunch of kids she has known through Playcentre, school (making friends with Ryan's friends siblings), coffee group and the like. It ended up with 17 kids and we didn't even go crazy with the inviting. Its nice to have a good core group of friends, who are friends who have kids.


  You can't really see it, but the green tray is a super cool mini milk bottle carrier. I love the milk bottles. I filled them with chocolate milk. The kids guzzled it down.


Her party was mermaid themed, I tried to do everything blue, purple and green. All the way down to the straws and the cake.


I made a simple butter cake and butter cream icing. I made another spotty cake. My oven I have in the rental is terrible, so the cake took for ever to make. But I am so happy with how it turned out. It had a bit of a wow factor, but of course by the time you get to cake all the little bellies are filled and we have loads of cake left.


Oh and I put shells all over the tables, they seemed to be mermaid-ish to me.


Tissue paper decorations in the colours. I think Adele liked it.


The car of course wasn't there, but under the sun shade I set up a nail stand. I grabbed all my polishes and just put them on the table, with tissues and remover and the kids where either going crazy on the castle or painting their nails, including the boys.

And I set a bunch of flowers on the table. I texted Bair to grab some and he came home with the perfect colour. Light purple. Fantastic!!

So tomorrow I will share how I make the spotty cake. Complete with the butter cake recipe.

Well thats all done now. I feel sad that school is about to start, but I know that she is so ready and keen for it. She is a super star and I love her to bits.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment