Thursday, February 6, 2014

Spotty Cake


A little collection of brightly coloured balls of cake.

I brought off trade me a cake pops making set. Its great for making balls of cake. I made a set of colours, I think a tray makes 8 balls and after each time I added more food colouring to get a whole lot of different shades of colour. For Adele, the insides of the cake was blue and white and the balls green and purple.

To get the spots inside the cake, you make the balls and then add them to the raw batter and cook the cake. I also make spotty cupcakes. You can see the balls sitting in the cupcake cases. I made vanilla cake and chocolate cupcakes.


Yummy balls of cake. Even though the balls end up being baked twice they don't seem to dry out at all. 

These made such a cool addition to the table of goodies. The kids were all comparing their insides. Teamed with bright pink icing and glitter they made a beautiful looking cupcake. And quite tasty too. In my opinon of course ;)

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment