Thursday, May 24, 2012

Quilt for the Baby


Another project also finished. Just needs the binding. I am going to do it in the bright pink in the squares.

So this quilt is from a Modern quilting book, wonky nine patch or something like that. So I must point out that I wanted to make the blocks and I used only what I had in my sewing room. So a lot of scraps and some not really designed or colour suited to each other. If I was to make it for a purpose I certainly would pick fabrics that went together better. But such a long time ago I just want to make it so I went with what I had. It is perfectly fine for a baby quilt and overall I am happy with it. I even stitched together left over pieces of batting, so it really was a free quilt! I did buy the backing, but it was on special. I have enough of the blocks left over I can make a gift non-matching fabrics quilt too. There are a few babies being born around here so maybe. Oh and the backing is a flannel with Disney princesses.

I am a little proud of myself to as I quilted it. Usually I send it off to get quilted.  But I did it myself. There is a bit of puckering under it, but overall it is o.k. And you only really see the top so I am not to worried. Massive envy though of people who do quilting on a standard machine. I got quite a sweat up trying to pull it round and through my machine.

I have finished Ryan's raincoat, but he is at school with it and still don't have a photo so that might be tomorrows plan.

Today Adele and I (and a friend) are going to make some moulded chocolate. We left Playcentre earlier this year, had been involved for about 4 years and just had a clash of personalities and since PC was pretty much the world to this other lady I moved on. Was quite sad about the whole thing but alas these thing happen. So anyway Adele doesn't do as much hands on crafting. She is at kindy but not the same as sitting down with mum and making a project. So as I was feeling guilty (mums, we are our own worst enemies) I thought this would be a cool project to do together. So could be a sucess or a huge chocolate mess. Either way, I think and hope it will be fun.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment