Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The next block

I am not usually one for post each block as I go. But as this quilt is a combo of the two blocks I figure it is o.k! So I didn't have enough to make all the string blocks that I wanted. I could though, cut slightly bigger bits of fabric and I came up with this block. I don't like it as much as the other block, but I think once I see them together it will be o.k. I am completely out of one of the fabrics so I had to come up with something that would still work with just the two. There isn't as much contrast between this two fabrics and I didn't want to use a heap of white as then I would still have some floral left over and then I would try to keep making things with it.

My fabric for my Star Wars bunting arrived last week and I spent some time last night cutting it up. Now, of course, Ryan has changed his mind and wants a Batman party. Slightly frustrating as at the time I did time to talk him into a Batman party since that was all he was into. Then the Star Wars phase, now back to Batman. I am sure, what ever sort of party, he will love it. I have found some cool ideas on Pinterest for a Star Wars party so I am quite looking forward to making some of the the cupcakes and stuff. Of course I will have a newish born by then so I will see how much of it ends up being made.

Off to the hospital for our appointment tomorrow. I have been hanging out for this as it should give us some idea as to what the next step is going to be. Her growth may have slowed, but in the last scan she wasn't co-operating very well and wouldn't lie in the best position. I have another scan tomorrow before the appointment so cross fingers she plays the part. I am in a bit of pain and can't sleep so whilst deep down I know it is best for babies to hang out in the womb for as long as they want... I really am over this and would love to get on to the next stage. It is hard to rest and put my feet up with two other kids to look after. Plus I have a blue floral quilt to finish!

Tx

1 comment:

  1. Yes, he will love whatever you do, maybe you could combine starwars and batman? Now that would be an interesting combination! Good luck for your appointment tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete