Friday, August 31, 2012

Eggs and Lemon

We have so many eggs at the moment and Blair's parents have a well producing lemon tree.

Now having loads of each works well because every thing lemon based seems to use so many eggs! We get about four a day so we give heaps away. Especially at the moment.

So I was relaxing in my bed, reading a trashy mag when I can across a recipe for a Lemon Coconut Slice. We have been having the odd visitor so I thought this would be a great time to try it out.

Slice:
150 grams butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1 and 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
350 gram jar of lemon curd (Again loads of eggs and lemon so I made this)

Topping:
3 Eggs (wahoo)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cup desiccated coconut

Beat butter and sugar, add flour and coconut. Beat on a low speed until a crumbly consistency. Press in to tin. Cook in a 180 degree oven for about 20-25 mins. Cool.

Make topping, whisk eggs and sugar until pale and combined. Stir in coconut.

Spread curd evenly over the base. The cooler the base the better. It wont sink into the base. Spread topping over. Back to the oven for another 25 mins or until golden. Remove and cool. Then remove from pan. Or eat straight off the pan as we did. lol

This is what was left after our first visitors. So I am guessing it is a winner. Blair's is not a fan, he doesn't like coconut in cooking. Such a shame as I LOVE it!!

I am starting to feel a bit more awake and not so tired, which in turn means I am starting to miss my sewing machine. I cut out a wee outfit for Greta last night. Blair and Ryan are off to a party soon, so I might make a start on it... Or more likely Greta will wake and she will need feeding and cuddling

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment