Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Scrappy String Quilt

 I am loving the whole using my scraps right now. I don't even have a stash like some people out there. I seem to be doing a scrappy and alternating with a brought fabric quilt. It does amazing my how much fabric you have left over from a Non-quilt project and just how far you can stretch the remaining fabric. This is left overs from my new nappy bag. I made a bunting and of course now this. This project will take the left overs. I cut a whole bunch of 2.5 inch strips and started making this. It does seem thought that I may not have enough. So now I am having the dilemma of buying more fabric or changing my pattern. I want to make four of these blocks in this colour way. I am thinking I can easily get two, at a push three but not four at all. Thinking about the fabric I have, I am not sure there would be something that complements it. It would need something vintage looking if I was to do other blocks.

I sort of love how sometimes when you start a project in changes and evolves as you start making it. Sure, it can be super frustrating but what you end up with is sometimes much nicer than you planned.
 I had a bit of a nightmare planning this. I had my maths all wrong, everything was facing the wrong way. Lots of thrown out paper.
This type of block has  a lot of thrown out paper even without my planning mistakes. But I am having fun making it and I am sort of green by using scraps. I can't even say it is old, re-used paper.

Right back to the sewing, making the most of Adele at kindy and Ryan at school. Have an hour left before school run starts over again.

Tx

3 comments:

  1. I just inherited a box of very small scraps. I may need to make one of your scrappy string quilts. Nice!

    ReplyDelete