Friday, November 16, 2012

An Izzy and Ivy Little Vicki

The thing with following blogs and store Facebook pages is that when they make something cute I, of course, want to make my own.... RIGHT NOW!

My fave quilting store, Donna's, posted a picture of their version of the Little Vicki dress I thing it was the next day I was in buying the pattern. It took a bit long to fin d the right fabric for it. They used the fabric I used to make Adele's quilt and since I was making the dress for Adele I thought that might just be a bit weird. I mean there is matching and then there is weird.

So the other day  it was raining so I went to Spotlight. Usually during kindy time Greta and I go for a walk or a run by the river, so since it was raining I had to find something else to do. Spotlight was having a sale, I got a bargain. I brought three different floral in blue fabrics. I let Adele choose which ever one she wanted. I had one I thought she would pick, no, she picked a different one. I love the one she picked and I went back this afternoon and got the matching small flower version to use as the band of the dress. It makes the dress look old fashioned (in a really good way).



Even found the perfect buttons for a bit of detail. After a dreadful start to the dress it finished off perfectly. And yes, the buttons are a bit crocked.


I love this photo, she is such a personality plus girl! And she HAD to have Greta in the photo. She just loves her to pieces.



The bigger flowers does have the smallest flick of red in it, so the small flower fabric complements it so well. I want a dress like this!

I chipped a way at it though the day. It took a bit longer than I thought because I kept making mistakes. It was a hard day to concentrate, wet weather, stuck inside, fighting kids, awesome. But all done now, she can wear it tomorrow and look cute!

Tx

4 comments:

  1. Now that is a seriously cute dress - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress, Tessa. And such a gorgeous girl!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest? I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.
    Would be so rapt if you joined us!
    There’s a little giveaway too. :-) 

    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html

    Take care,

    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will certainly come over and take a wee look.

      Thanks

      Delete