Friday, November 2, 2012

Re-vamped Sewing Room

I have a friend who restores furniture, waaaay out of my price range but it got me thinking. I needed a buffet type thing to house all of my sewing and crafty things. A few hours later looking through a whole bunch of pieces on Trade Me (NZ E-bay) I found what I was looking for and even better, in my region and in my price range! We picked it up this afternoon and I think I am in love with it.



This evening is the cleanest my sewing room has been since I moved into it. I feel things sort of have a place now. Next I am saving for a decent sewing table. Friends gave me a table, which has been brilliant, but my space is quite small and the table is quite deep so on the look out for something a bit thinner. Then I can put my shelf back in and my little side table. I really want to sew now, oh and I need a wee table top ironing board. Buy one thing and it leads to a million other things needed ;)

Tx

4 comments:

  1. Great find Tessa! I love the way it looks in your sewing room, I need something like that too. If I only had the space to put it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband was cursing me as we had a bit of a struggle to get it in, but worth it!!

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous buffet...what a great find. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great, I'm jealous, all my sewing stuff is crammed in my laundry and its not very accessible

    ReplyDelete