Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pants for My Boy


My poor Ryan, he really doesn't get as much sewing as the girls. So when I cam across this pattern. Anna Maria "All Set" I knew, just knew I had to get a copy of it and make Ryan these pants. I have made him the size 8. It is a bit roomy, I should have made the 7 I think. I always get a bit worried the first time I make a pattern, is it big, small, just right. I think this one is just right. Yes my six year old wears size 7/8. He is a giant.


I used a really heavy weight denim. Perfect for winter, I fully lined the pants with the Marvel fabric. So it has The Hulk, Captain America, Sideman and Thor (I think). Ryan likes that it is just a peek for fabric, but he knows it is all inside.


See, cool lining! Doing it this way does double the cost, there are instructions to do it without the lining. But I am glad I did. Sometimes I get all, no one will see the lining, it doesn't need to be cool too. But seeing Ryan's face and really it was like $10 I think. It was worth it.


I laughed when I saw he had a Batman tee shirt on, under a Joker costume. When he is older I do believe he will rather enjoy "The Big Bang Theory". I am yet to introduce him to Star Trek, I am sure he will like that too.

We move in about two weeks into a rental. I am not sure where I will be storing all my sewing stuff, but it is coming into our wee house. I told Blair there was no way I could be seperated from it. We are building a new house and have sold our current house. So for 7 months we will be townies. We will be walking distance to school and mostly importantly for the kids, McDonalds. Not so important for mum! It will certainly be a change for that 7 months. Our new place will be in the country again. So we have a new block, not as big as our current block but still nice. Still will be able to have a couple of cows, chickens and our vege garden. Now that is is all happening I just want to get the moving done andd settled.

Tx


No comments:

Post a Comment