Friday, July 19, 2013

A Month To Go

My baby is turning one in just over a month. I can't really believe it. It really truly feels like yesterday she was born. I remember it all too well for it to have been that long ago. But, it is, nearly a whole year. I am a bit sad about it all. I want her to stay little for just a little bit longer. She is standing all on her own now. Will just randomly stand up in the middle of the room. The older kids give her a big cheer every time she does it. It's all very cute. In these cute moments I would happily have more babies. I do love being a mum. And since our latest run of sickness is slowly moving behind us, life is a bit more happy and healthy.

Plus we have moved and set up home in our little rental place. It will be home for the next seven months whilst our house is being built. We are in walking distance to school. It pretty much was the only criteria. It is a lovely place, a large deck and a bit of space to play outside. But alas, no where I can set up a permanent sewing station. This of course means there has been pretty much no sewing done this week. BUT... I have cut out a dress tonight, Greta's birthday dress. I am in love with the fabrics so I am all motivated to get sewing it.


It is Mediterranean Dream by Simon + Kabuki and it is just stunning. It is so feminine without the pink. It's funny because when Adele was the same age I had this thing about not over dressing her in pink.Her first birthday dress was a cool black, red and white number. Now, I can't get her out of pink. I wonder if Greta will be the same. She already is drawn to pinks and sparkles.


I am using this pattern. I have made Adele two dresses from this pattern. The ruffle dress and a box pleat dress. Plus I made it for a friends daughter too. It runs really large. Adele's first birthday dress was the box pleat and I think she finally wore it when she was two. It was so long and really big. I am making Greta the size 1/2. I am hoping it will fit. And I am making ruffles!!!! It is winter so all the fabric and ruffles will make it nice and warm. Hopefully. I have made a wee alteration to the pattern. This pattern just attached the middle ruffle to the outside of the skirt so the top edge was exposed. I have cut the under skirt and made the middle ruffle and skirt sew together so the edges become inside the skirt. Makes it look nice and tidy.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment