Monday, July 8, 2013

Sharing the Quilting Love

I have started a wee collection. After I made the Scrappy Trip Around the World for my friends sick son and then the kindy quilt, I started cutting a 2.5 inch strip and a 5 inch block and putting them aside for when ever I felt the urge to make a super scrappy quilt. Coupled with reading some inspiring blogs about donating quilts (one lady donates two a month!!) I decided that I am going to make one scrappy quilt a month and then at the end of a twelve month period donate 12 quilts to my local Plunket.

So with that in mind and a pending move in a few days, I brought my box of scraps to work with me and have been cutting away. About 100 5 inch squares, plus I have a bundle at home. Of course not all of the quilts will be scrappy 5 inch square quilts. I am sure I will use this wee challenge to try out patterns and use fabrics specially brought for the occasion.

 
 
But I see this as a good start. Enough for two quilt tops! Next night shift I will bring in my other box of scraps and do the same thing. And it is a good chance to improve on my free motion quilting skills.
 
 
If anyone wants to join me, the more the merrier. Maybe one quilt, maybe two or even 12! I figure Plunket will know families that need a quilt for their child. Or maybe even to Starship as we all know, sickness can affect anyone. Not 100% sure yet.
 
Tx
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment