Thursday, July 25, 2013

A new baby Quilt

My sister-in-law is having a baby, in December. They have just found out what they are having, a baby girl, so of course this means a new quilt. Apparently she doesn't want any pink for her baby. Lucky for me (as I do rather like pink) I had a bit left over from the dress I am making for Greta. I thought this would be perfect. Girlie but not pink. Her mum said she had been buying green for the baby and this has a whole lot of green. Hopefully this will be well received as I think it will be colours she likes.


Forgive the terrible photos, but it is night time.

I had a bit of this fabric but not a lot so I had to keep the design simple. I sewed 5 inch squares together with 2.5 inch sashings. The border is 2.5 as well. I still haven't decided on the binding, maybe the green. I think I will have to buy a bit more fabric just to finish it off. Since it is a gift I want it to be as perfect as I can.


Its about 1 metre squared, so a good size for a baby quilt. Even with Greta almost a year, they are still a good size for her. Especially in the car or in the pram.

Sewing in our wee house is slightly challenging. I need to find a better place to set up. I trip over the cord for the machine and can only have the iron out when Greta is in bed as the iron is in the kitchen and I worry she will pull it on to herself. It is almost comical. Not the pulling of the iron but my new set up.

Right time to go and pack up all my stuff.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment