Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday Dress Done

My darling children have been up since 430am. Not all of them but Great first, then a little bit later Adele and even Ryan was up before 6a. I think they were all excited to be heading off to school and kindy. The shame was poor Adele vomited all over her bed about 730 so no kindy for her. She has been relaxing so I am pretty sure she should be o.k for tomorrow.

But since the day started early, Greta went to bed early and I made her birthday dress. I was pretty pleased as I go the whole dress completed. Well a little un-picking to do. The ruffles still need to have the gathering cottons taken out. But the construction is all done. I LOVE it. I love the fabric, the colours and I loved how Greta did a jig of excitement when she saw it and let me dress her with no fuss. She took a few more steps in the dress and really did look happy too. So Adele has had to explain that it was just a try on and she can't have it until her birthday. Adele was so cute telling her about party food and party stuff.






I still can't believe she is about to turn one.

I am going to change around the quilt I made of this same fabric, I want to add a couple of little squares in the sashing, so will do a bit of un-picking tonight. I think it will be worth it. I have seen something on the net I want to try and recreate. I guess we will see if it was worth the effort.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment