Thursday, May 21, 2015

A couple of skirts

My baby loves twirling and hence loves twirling skirts. And leggings, boring old plain leggings. Not so good for a sewing mummy! I took her into a fabric shop and let her have free choice, and at 2, I was most impressed with her choice. Bright and happy like her.

So all I did was cut my fabric into 4 inch strips. The bottom was four strips sewn together and gathered, middle was two, top was one, sewed them all together, and folded over the top to make a case for the elastic and done. I overlocked around the bottom instead of a hem, took the morning to make. And she loves it




Then of course if you are making something for one child you have to do something for the other one. I made this skirt from this amazing fabric. I loved it and was worried Adele wouldn't be so keen on it, but so far so good and she has worn it.....once. Thats ok, better than some other clothing items. I cut a wide band, about 8 inches from memory and then cut the tree houses double the band width and gathered it and attached it. This one was super quick, maybe an hour all up. Its hard with Adele now, she is turning into a lady and isn't into so much cute sort of clothing. Makes me sad but all part of growing up.



I am loving having some down time. Well having time to sew, I loved doing my course but I am really enjoying the sewing. I have a project cut out ready to go for tomorrow, plus a whole lot of fabric for future projects!!! YAY!!!!!!


Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment