Saturday, May 16, 2015

Ball dress for me

I have finally been back into the routine of regular sewing and I just forgot how much I loved it. Adele still gets excited and then refuses to wear what I make and Greta will only wear twirling skirts but hey at least it is something.

Due to their limited likes I made myself a dress. We had a ball to go to and I thought why not. I had never attempted something this challenging and I am happy with the results. Although I did learn the importance of making sure lining is the same size as outer when 5 mins till leaving, final stitches in place and the lining was a bit smaller, a bit of tugging and secret cutting it was on, with great cleavage!!

I started in on Thursday night and managed to do a bit more on Friday night and then made a mad dash to get it done Saturday before the ball. I was sewing in the car as we drove to drop the children at the Grandparents.

I made it from some chiffon that was on sale in Spotlight, a pale pink with neon flowers. I matched the lining to the neon flowers, there was about 7 metres of fabric in the dress and all so soft and floaty,  I really felt like a princess on the night. I am so glad that I made it, I felt quite a sense of achievement.



I used this pattern, and it went together relatively well. I was a bit worried about how it would stay up even with the boning in, but it seemed too do o.k. I bit pull on it a little during the evening, but no more than any other strapless dress. 


And here it is, I love it, I really do. We have another formal-isn dinner coming up and I think I will wear it again, with a small alteration to the lining.

Tx


No comments:

Post a Comment