Sunday, September 2, 2012

Getting my crafting mojo back

I haven't been at the machine for a while. I made Greta a wrap a while back. But nothing that required a great deal of thought. I still have my blue floral quilt to finish, thats about when I lost it. It required a lot of thought and I was making so many mistakes. Its all sorted now, well the maths is, but I still need to finish it. I am sure I will get round to it soon. I don't really like having half finished projects.

One of the books I brought a while ago had some super cute baby clothes. I really wanted to make some but I wanted the baby to be born first. I don't really know why, but I like to make things for the kids when they are actully here. Silly I know, I could get a whole heap done but thats just how I am.

Over the last week I have slowly worked on a little playsuit/overall thingee for Greta. I didn't want to go into town to get supplies so I found some fabric I have had for the longest time ever. Each piece wasn't big enough to make the whole thing but I had a half metre of the two fabrics so I could make it contrasting and, well, cute.

I used the book
 The girls clothes are all sort of based round a similar bodice so once you can do one then the rest will be pretty easy. I am not sure if the author meant to do it that way, but I like it. It is a nice book, inspiring and I am planning on making a few things, especially a pair of the bloomers.

 
 I am planning on putting some silver ric rac around the hems. I think that will be rather cool!

 
 This is a size 3 months so I am looking forward to Greta getting a little bit bigger to fit the outfit.

And I am quite pleased to have made some thing. Now if only I could be so enthuastic about doing some exercise and not eating like a piggy ;)

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment