Thursday, December 13, 2012

Everyone needs a Christmas Pillowcase


This year, to add a bit more Christmas to the kids rooms, I have just finished making them Christmas pillowcases. Mostly because they are so tired, constant fighting and I need a distraction from it. Usually I love school holidays, spending time together and all that stuff, but these fast few days. Man oh man. Constant fighting and they are so tired!!!! Which of course means they wont sleep, at all. 9 pm and still away and then up super early, like about 6. So every day is worse and worse. JUST SLEEP!!!!!! I have tried everything, I guess they will have to sleep at some stage. So anyway this morning I have been busy sewing.

I started making a yo-yo tree thingee and the yo-yos were so small you couldn't see anything on the fabric so I have given that one up, after about 30 yo-yo's. This means I have 43 circles to come up with projects for. I was going to cover the pillowcases with the circles but I didn't have enough interfacing. See I need more chocolate! I used what I had with Ryan's pillow. I do still quite like it.


It's funny how all the fabric is snowmen and winter stuff when it is summer here for Christmas. Oh well.


And it got the seal of approval. The quilt was made two years ago I think.


Adele's of course is a bit different,  girls and ruffles is always I nice combination. She wanted the angles fabric. I think this was because she was an angle in the Kindy show. I like it too.


Her quilt was made last year.

So both their rooms are looking quite cool. Secretly I am quite excited as I get to do this all again for Greta when she goes into a big bed, I can't wait!!

I can hear Adele yelling at Ryan as I type. Blair's working long days at the moment so I get the "fun" of dealing with them all day. ALL DAY! He gets home after dinner and bed, I already have a head ache.

Right time to find more circle projects which are no quilts or interfacing.

Tx

2 comments:

  1. Oh the fighting the whinging the whining oh I hear you - it's totally doing my head in also!
    LOVING the pillow cases and the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I am not the only one :) it's crazy! And thanks, I love a Christmas room

    ReplyDelete