Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Greta's Christmas Dress


Every year, since I have started sewing, I have made the kids an outfit to wear on Christmas Day. This year is no exception, though I have no idea what to make Ryan. He is becoming a big boy. I have some nice, grown up, light fabric that would be a lovely pair of shorts. But for some reason that makes me sad. No pirates or knights or tanks.

This morning I finished off Greta's dress. The pattern (Burda 9712) has used over and over and over again for Adele so it feels good to be able to use the same for Greta. New but old. For some reason I am feeling really nostalgic about this Christmas. I think it is because one of the other big kids in our coffee group is starting to doubt Christmas. Kids at school told him stories and asked his mum about it. Ryan is still fully into it and I really hope next year he is still. There is just something magical about Christmas and believing in magic. Anyway I splashed out and bought designer fabric. It is Amy Butler "Love". Greta will be all wrapped in Love. I love the look of it, girlie but not pink.

Adele's dress pattern arrived yesterday and it is amazing! I need to find the time to go fabric shopping without her around. For her I have floral and white in my head. Not good for stains but I think will look super on her.


And of course another batch of biscuits. Adele has her kindy play with shared afternoon tea today. These are Stained Glass Window cookies. Just a plain cookie, cut a hole in the middle and put in crushed up boiled lollies. The lolly melts, let the biscuits cool first, the lolly sets and you have a stained glass middle. Easy but super cute.

I really wanted to have an adults Christmas Party this year, but I think I have left it too late as Ryan got another party invite, we have a class party, early Christmas at my parents, a Hens Day AND Adele has a party to go to before Christmas. Plus I am still trying to lose baby weight, exercise and make Adele a Christmas dress ;) But you know, with all that I am actually NOT feeling stressed, I do love Christmas and spending time with friends and family. I just would love a good wine evening and a bit of dancing

Tx

1 comment:

  1. What a cute dress! I am getting excited for Christmas now but it all comes so quickly!

    ReplyDelete