Sunday, December 2, 2012

A little bit of Hope this year

Christmas really is in full swing here. We got our tree sorted. Every year we get a "Real Live Christmas Tree". Once Christmas is over we plant it on our section somewhere. So our trees tend to be very small, but alive and overwhelmed with decorations. I like it that way, means we can make new things to make the rest of the house festive.

I really wanted to make a wreath I had seen on Pinterest but when I went to Spotlight this morning all the wreaths are sold out. So I remembered another pinned thingee and made that instead. I chose the word HOPE, mainly because the J was all sold as well and well I am hoping a little bit at the moment.




Please ignore the crumbs, I believe they are from breakfast. It is just wool wrapped round wooden letters. I used a bit if hot glue to stick the start and ends of the wool on the back and a bit of glue on the bits I thought might lose their tension.

The fluffy bit is a white and sparkly gold, not that you can tell from the photo.

End of the school year is fast approaching, a week for Ryan to go. I am quite looking forward to the break, just need to train the kids to sleep in

Tx

2 comments:

  1. Very creative! I wanted to pick up a wreath this weekend and they were also sold out. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave it too late every year :( Must remember to start looking in October

    ReplyDelete