Sunday, December 23, 2012

Adele's Dress


Cutting it close to the wire, but Adele's dress was finished last night. I had a sewing session the other night till midnight. Well I actually got up out of bed at 11 pm and did a good 90 mins of sewing to put my mind at ease. Thankfully I did as I had issues with my buttonhole maker and then had to sew on buttons. All things that I got sorted but just took a bit of time. Now I have the buttonhole foot sorted, I love it!!!!! It is so easy. Sort of helps if you have the correct buttonhole foot on. I mixed up the foots on my two machines and it just wouldn't work. I even google and YouTube it to try and work out what I was doing wrong. Just the wrong foot.

But all sorted, Greta's dress has buttons now too and the rainbow peak a boo quilt is all finished. Just a pair of shorts to go.

Adele's dress is a Modkids "Addison". It is quite a traditional styled dress. I love the look of it and making it in modern fabrics makes it awesome. I think. Great instructions and easy to follow.


The fabrics are from Spotlight. A friend had made her daughter a bubble top out of this fabric and I loved it. When I went in the store last week I couldn't find any fabric I liked as much so I copied her choice. I think it makes a girlie dress, with out being pink.


I can't believe it is Christmas Eve! I am hosting Christmas this year. I have made a lot of the food already, just a few last minute things this afternoon. It has made my insomnia horrendous though. I am not stressed about it but I lie down and keep planning it, over and over and over. So I am rather exhausted today. Anyway, the house is very excited about tomorrow and the big red man. They are playing "Christmas morning" at the second. I am guessing there will be toys spread out all though the house.

Merry Christmas to all, hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and enjoy the time spent with family and friends xxxxxx

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment