Friday, March 8, 2013

A wee productive Day

Blair is working all this weekend and the kids have a spewy tummy bug, so we have been staying home today. It has been good, well a part from the vomit, as it has meant I have gotten a few jobs sorted. Yes, the kids rooms are cleaned! The main problem is no water. Well hardly any water. It hasn't rained in days/weeks and we are on tank water, so this means we have to be careful with our water usage. Also means no using the washing machine at the moment. It is a real pain! It is offically a drought in the Waikato and a good chunk of the North Island. Usually I head over to my parents and do washing there, but with the upset tummies I don't really want to put them in the car in case it makes them vomit some more.

They are having some quiet time and watching "A Bugs Life" and I have been doing a bit of baking and relish making. I have made

http://www.eggs.org.nz/Recipes/easy-berry-buckle.html

and also this

http://www.eggs.org.nz/Recipes/classic-chocolate-brownies.html

We have so many eggs that I have been trying lots of new things. So far the kids wont eat any of the dinner stuff I have made, maybe some cake?!?!

plus my relish, a green tomato. It is a family favourite. Usually I wait till the end of the session and make it with the last few I can find. But we have so many I don't know why I always waited. This is the second batch already with batch one gone!

http://www.thecraftycroall.blogspot.co.nz/2011/01/birthday-sewing-and-little-more.html Thats the recipe there.

Right time to jar the relish


Yes I have nibbled the top of the cake



Tastes good, but I just can't make a perfect brownie, this is recipe number 100 of trying :(

 
YUM!!
 
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment