Monday, March 4, 2013

My skirt!

I used pattern Kwik Sew 3451 to make myself a skirt. I was rather worried about it as it is quite a full bubble skirt. I was worried it would make me hippy, not in an alternative way. It was a nightmare to make. Everything that could go wrong did. I even threw it away at one point. Blair got it out of the bin and quietly put it on the table. I then kept working away on it. I was over it! But it is now done and surprised at how it looks.

I put a knit band on it using their instructions and teamed it with some fabric I got it few years ago on a super special. Blair asked how expensive it is and I don't think believes me when I said $6 a metre. It looks pretty flash. I just need to top stitch the band and then fully complete. I just like to top stitch to make it a bit more secure.

Adele took the photos but you can still see how it looks. Need a date night now to wear it out.

Tx



2 comments: