Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mothers Day/Birthday Quilt

My mum's birthday is close to Mothers Day. On occasion it even falls in the same day. Since I had made my Dad a quilt I thought I would make her one. I used the same fabrics as the one on Greta's cot so again a bit matchy. Hmmmm maybe I have a sort of OCD about making things match!! 

I used half a jelly roll and a whole bunch of white. It was a roll  made up by my favourite quilting store. I think it was called summer fiesta or something summery. Lots of lovely blues and yellows. I put on a couple of boarders, I was so pleased with them, I think they really finish it. The bigger blue boarder was almost a nightmare! I only had three FQs and I thought "she'll be right" and it wasn't, half a FQ short, I took a photo of the fabric and sent it to the fabric store and asked if they had any more. I wasn't feeling confident as I thought I had bought all of it left in the shop. But, tucked under a whole heap of other FQs they found one lone piece of fabric. I drove straight into town and collected it. 

So the top is all done, just the backing, quilting and binding to go. Practically ready to give, well no not really.





Here's the kids ready for Chapel, yes, Ryan looks super duper happy. 

Tx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely choice of fabric for the quilt.Looks very pretty

    ReplyDelete