Thursday, August 1, 2013

I am just a little bit rubbish....

Try as I might, I can not master free motion quilting. Not even to a satisfactory level. Straight line quilting, even that I am pretty average at. Sure I can make a bridesmaid dress with layers of tulle or a jacket or a quit top. But when it comes to the art of quilting I can say with no word of a lie I am completely rubbish. It really does make me sad.

I have google, YouTubed and spent hours on the net and even reading real books on how to do it right. I have pinned to death, used spray, flattened, not pinned (read about a quilter who never pinned), I have tried every thing! But no matter what I do it always bunches up, I end up with bumps and puckers. And I end up with something that I loved and now... don't.


I try so hard with the quilting, I am just doing loops in the white squares. The front is o.k, but the back is awful. Very gutted. I know I should just pull it apart and start again but because I know it will equally be rubbish I don't. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Or maybe I am being to critical as I am a bit on the tired side. Plus mad at myself for eating an amazing piece of cake when I am trying to still loose baby weight. I only started back on the old diet 7 days ago and already fallen off the wagon. I am still 10 kg heavier than before. 12 if you count my weight after having Ryan. Which I try not to as I have never been that small in my life, well once in my life. I think because the kids wake so early no matter what we do, trust me we have tried EVERYTHING! I just want to eat "pick me up food".


This isn't how I pinned it, but you can see the backing I used, a blue flannel with floral tea pots. Its for mum and she drinks a bit of tea. Plus I really liked it. There was a yellow one which would have looked a whole heap better but there wasn't enough of it. So sometime you just have to make do a bit.

Sorry a bit rambling today, just tired.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment