Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another new dress for me... A little spoilt

So back when I did my first merino shop (I have done a total of four now) I brought this purple for me! It is a blend, 52 ish% merino and the remainder poly prop. So I was a little hesitant because I don't usually use this low of a blend. But it was reasonable in price and I quite liked the colour. Well what can I say, it is fantastic, super super warm, comfortable and I really like it. So on my latest trip I was telling the shop assistant all about my dress and the fabric and saying how hot I got the other day, he was like "Yeah that's used to line ski jackets!" So that got me thinking about the Make it Perfect Jacket, I might make one up, but use this merino blend instead of another cotton and padding. I think I could be on to a winner. Need more children.

So anyway the dress, pretty much an over sized tee-shirt with a hood. Great for mucking around the house, well and doing all things mummy like. I used the New Look 6014 pattern, it said to use fold over braid for the hood front seem, but I used a contrasting piece of merino. I didn't have any, haven't heard of it before and I just wanted to finish it. I think it is o.k, makes it look more sporty. Not that you can see from the photo. Oh well :( Sorry the photo is really poor, but Blair is at work and the kids are far to involved in Batman to help mummy.

We have had a few days at the beach which was so lovely, it is so busy during the school term that it has been nice doing not much. And I think the kids are enjoying the down time too.

Making my first batch of cheese at home since the cheese course, so find out in three to six weeks if I took the instructions in correctly. I really hope so, I love cheese!

Right time to go turn some curds, and making a custom order charcoal grey merino dress, I think it will be quite cute.I always want to copy peoples orders for myself, but really how many tops, dresses and leggings do I need...oh yes MORE!!!!!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment