Friday, April 22, 2011

Check out my cheese



I must say I am quite excited that so far, touch wood, the cheese is looking exactly like the cheese we made on the course. I find sometimes you learn something new and cool, but recreating it at home, even with notes and books, still just doesn't turn out. Hence I am so pleased it is looking "right". The ricotta, well totally different story, that was, well, awful! Not sure what I did wrong there. I am going to e-mail and ask, I was a little guessing with my quantities, probably should have measured it all a little better.

So all day yesterday the bath was filled with sterile solution, the children had to have showers as I needed to be able to rinse tools and needed some where large enough to accommodate my large bins and the like. The house smelt very clean (though it wasn't, except the kitchen). I am a little paranoid about growing the wrong mould. Might make the cheese a bit gross. But here is hoping it all works out, darn the 5 week wait! As you can see from the photo it doesn't look all the inspiring at this stage, and to be fair it smells and feels about how it looks. My cheese from course is starting to look quite tasty, I find it crazy to think people thought of making this in the first place. Very strange indeed.


So that was my day yesterday, pretty much all day, tending to my cheese. This evening I have been cutting fabric, a cardy for myself, a pair of leggings for Etsy and hopefully a couple of those cool hooded tops I made Ryan, see how I feel. Trying to build up stock for my first market.


Oh and a happy Easter to all, so far managing to void most chocolate, haven't been doing as much running as I like, therefore chocolate has to be missed at all cost!


Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment