Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baby's quilt done


I am pleased to say it did end up a bit smaller than I thought so will be a good bassinette sized quilt. I am rather pleased with how it came out. I don't do a lot of triangle sewing as it freaks me out. On-line every-one has perfect points and well beautiful perfect quilts and sometimes I make a quilt like mess! Things not lined up nicely and points not pointy. I am not one to un-pick a lot as I like quirks and usually the mess up has taught me something for the next quilt.

The backing, in the end I used a flannel. I couldn't find the cuddle when I went into Spotlight, I saw this and loved it! AND... I want to be able to use a (few) merino wraps, the ones I make so I don't want the quilts to be too warm. Might over heat baby and that would not be good! I noticed when I got home that I must have a "thing" for this type of faux patch work fabric as now the baby has this and Adele has two pairs of brought PJ's in similar type fabric.

I used the flannel for the binding too, mostly because I couldn't think of anything else and I had the perfect amount left over to make binding.

I am so pleased with it!!!!


So I had a bit of a baby scare on Monday night. It was all o.k. Had a bit of mointoring and told to slow down. Since I already have two (sick still) kids I am not quite sure how exactly to slow down. I am hopefully going to be swapping my Monday night shifts to Monday day shifts so that will help. Thankfully it is school holidays at the moment so less time running around after the kids. I have opted to not go to anymore markets and well not really sure what else I can do. Strangley it has gotten really cold but orders have dropped off which I guess is a small blessing too. Only two pairs to make today.

Thankfully the other mums in coffee group dont mind me and my poxy children still coming so just getting sorted for that.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment