Saturday, June 23, 2012

A new top for me and my belly


I am seriously low on clothes. I find maternity clothes so expensive and you really don't wear them for all that long. But the other day Pumpkin Patch was having a sale, a real sale, things were cheap. So I brought a pair of pants and a top. The pants are pretty ugly, but are SO comfortable. It got me thinking though, I need some clothes. I brought a pattern a while back and today is the day. I made this top this morning. It was so quick and easy (once I had made a few changes) that I might make another one. But I do say that about a lot of things I make and I never seem too. Well not for myself anyway.

So I used Kwik Sew 3694. It is not a maternity pattern but I could tell it would work and it does! I made a few changes. I could not get the neck line to sit like in the pattern cover. It sort of hung like a cowl neck but in a not cool way. Since the neck didn't work I guessed the sleeves wouldn't either as it used the same idea. So I just put on a neck and sleeve band. I think it works o.k. It is gathered on one side, I think a lot of maternity tops have the gathering on both sides, but there is plenty of room and with 9 weeks to go I will need every spare but of space possible. I used merino knit. It is a nice funky pattern and quite nice and soft. I brought this, a green and pink for Silly Goose, but no one has been all that keen on them. So I am using them for me and Adele. Adele is going to get some leggings and if I find the time I want to make the baby a wrap.

Right time to feed the troops, Adele is all sad because she thought she heard Ryan talking about ice-cream when he was talking about an Ice drink. She couldn't understand why she didn't get any ice cream and he did. There were tears and I think she finally understood. She did have to go and check on him though.

Tx

1 comment: