Saturday, January 5, 2013

Merry Christmas and All that Jazz

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, hope you have all had a great holiday.

Christmas was brilliant, ate waaay to much. Kids had a blast opening their presents. The homemade outfits appeared to be a hit. Adele loves her birdie dress and it is pretty much being worn, washed, worn, washed. Greta is as pleased as a four month old can be and dribbling on it with much appreciation and Ryan tells me he loves his shorts too. But I think that is so I will hurry up and fix the elastic, it was a bit big round his waist.

I haven't done any thing since the Christmas rush. I relaxed (as much as you can with three kids) and made the most of having a lot of adventures.And maybe ate a whole heap more!

Today I pulled fabric and patterns and came up with my plan of what I am planning on making over the next few days. To start with I made myself a skirt. I used my Modkids pattern, the Madeline. But instead of making it with the ruffle or stuff, I used used the bias cut base skirt and put the knit waist band on. The joys of the mummy tummy. Doing it this way makes it so much more comfortable and no yucky muffin top, which I think is here to stay. Very big sad face.

I used a nice summer looking, vintage looking floral fabric and teamed it with a lovely pale pink merino I had. I had all of it in my stash so no trips to spotlight was required. Means it's a free skirt?

I had a metre and it just fitted on. I did have to use a tiny bit of selvage, but it didn't effect it at all.

A crafty friend is coming to visit tomorrow so I felt I needed something to show. I think it will do the trick. It is such an easy skirt, maybe 30 mins from start to finish, barely worthy of a blog post.







No comments:

Post a Comment