Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A top for Greta

I was part of a pattern swap a while back. Whilst I did use my own book, it was another's comment on how cool a top was that spurred me into making it. I had always liked it but I guess getting peer approval or something. Positive peer pressure.

It is from "Cute Clothes for Kids" by Rob Merrett. I do like this book but the only thing I don't like is the patterns are grouped into baby, toddlers and children and there is a couple in each size. So this top can only be made for 3, 6 and 9 month old. But I think it would look awesome for Adele too.

The pattern called for the back to have a zip, but I thought since Greta is still mostly on her back a zip would be uncomfortable so I have put on a couple of buttons just at the top, sewn up the back bar a small bit so it can still fit over her head. I like my improvements but my sewing of this top is a bit cruddy. I was rushing, for no reason either and the finishing is a bit off. But I am still happy with it. To be fair she wont wear it a whole lot anyway, they grown too fast. It is really long, a bit more like a dress, so come winter with a merino long sleeve and a pair of leggings she can still wear it.

I brought this fabric on line. I have thrown away the sleeve with the information, all I have left is "for Freespirit". I really love it. I think it would have looked great in a skirt for me! But I only had a half yard of each fabric so that was never going to happen. I can always get more anyway. Matchy matchy!!




The neck line looks really uneven but it isn't. Did I say I love the fabric??


 
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment