Monday, January 7, 2013

New Shorts

Adele has grown a bit since last year. When she pulled on her shorts from last summer, well there was very little left to the imagination. I had a few half yard bits of fabric I had ordered before Christmas so I put them all out and said she could pick two fabrics. Lucky she did pick co-ordinating fabrics, I sort of paired them together and hope she would get the idea.

Its funny how you get an idea about what you think they will like and then they completely throw you but picking something else. Everything I have at the moment is floral, but quite a range of colours so when she picked a slightly muted earthy tones I was surprised. I really like it, I would love shorts like these.

The fabric is Riley Blake's Indian Summer range. I got it on special from Donna's. So the two pairs of shorts cost $10 plus elastic.Pretty pleased! I used the New Look pattern 6473 and instead on doing a plain straight leg I cut a two inch strip, folded it in half and gathered it. Makes them super girlie.








Doing our best super model poses. Ryan was directing the photo shoot. Not sure how he knew what poses to strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment