Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Scrappy trip Round the World

I feel like the last person, who quilts, in the world to make one of these. My blog feed is filled with every ones go of their "trip".

I have really been wanting to make one, but I have the cut out one, but I am just not feeling it. So I have buried it under other fabrics so I can't see it and started one. It is amazing, addictive and awesome!!!!! I spent the afternoon cutting strips from scraps. Some lovely person had put on pinterest how many strips you need to make three different sized quilts. I am going with a 72" by 68" quilt. I think I am going to make it for my Dad. It is going to be a rather girlie quilt but the scraps are all from different projects for the kids. Since two girls, lots of girl fabrics and colours. But I think he will still like it. I think he likes things like that, its always hard to tell with men. Either he will love it or the kids can use it when they go to stay. Either way it will get a bunch of use.

My new block I used too many similar value fabrics so with my second I tried to get a bit more variety. I just want to make blocks all night. I also happen to love 2.5 inch squares, always have and I think I always will so this is perfect for me. All ready planning other colour combinations whilst I pierce this one. I should be exercising, but I want to sew.






Right, dinner and sewing or exercise then dinner?

Tx

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks, I have been seeing these blocks but I am not sure if I want to take the plunge and start another quilt right now

    ReplyDelete