Saturday, August 31, 2013

Batman Done, just in time

I finished it, this morning at about 630 am. Thank goodness for early rising children. Once the last stitch was in they ran it into Blair and there was a bunch of happy people.

I haven't even seen Blair interested, let alone excited about a quilt. Usually it is a polite humour about them. But he fully supported the hours I spent finishing it off. Because there was hours and hours and hours of sewing and hand sewing. But I really love it and Blair is so happy to have a "manly" quilt. 


Happy Father's Day. 


Blair is holding it up, so it is a reasonable size.


I did scrappy bindings using all my left over bits. 


I quilted it myself, black stitching in the black and yellow triangles. I had one or two puckers which is a huge improvement and Blair picked out a plain black flannel backing. At the time I thought it was rather boring but once it was done it suited it perfectly. 


In place of pride on his couch.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment