Sunday, August 25, 2013

Greta's One

I can't believe my new baby is one, a little lady. It feels just like yesterday she joined the family. She's walking and running about already and trying to take charge. Lets just say, tween and teenage years will be "loud" in this house.

Today we had her party. I wasn't going to do anything big. But I knew I had a couple of friends who would love to wish her a happy birthday so I figured a small gathering, 27 people later, ok some even younger than Greta, is our close small party. I guess I feel very lucky. 

I did all of the baking last night so all I had to do this morning was ice the birthday cake. Nothing like leaving the most pressure making thing to the last minute. 

I didn't get enough photos, forgot to get a nice one of the inside of the cake or the table all set. But.... There is a few


Opening the presents. Of course we had an extra, why not add another person into the busyness. It wasn't a biggie, she is Adele's best friend and they had such a blast having a sleep over. She just slotted in like I had another baby, twin 4/5 girls. 

As you can imagine, by the end of the day there were a few tired kids.


She just loved being down of the floor part of the action. I thought she would get up and wander round. We just kept putting food on her plate and she loved it!!

The cake, I made a lemon polka dot cake. I found this icing on Pinterest, I then YouTubed it, hey presto, a cake!


 Dotty dots!! 


I was so committed to trying to make from scratch as much as I could I managed to burn my hand. Owwww!!!!.

So I made the cake, banana cupcakes and chocolate chippy cookies. I teamed it with pop corn, a fruit platter, sausage rolls and some chips, oh and cashews. Cashews are a favourite of my kids. I tried to be party food but semi healthy. 

It was such a busy day but still, I did have fun. BUT I am glad the kids are in bed and I am having a couple of wines. 

Less than a month to Ryan's birthday. Enough to make me have another glass

;)

Tx




No comments:

Post a Comment