Monday, August 5, 2013

I love you, but will be nice to say "Good Bye"


So at this point the binding still needed to be sewn down, but you can see how big it is. Covers our whole Queen sized bed. No wonder I had a few issues moving it round my sewing machine. Now that is it done, imperfections and all, I am so pleased with it. I love the brightness of it, reminds me of summer and just lit up the room. It looks rather green, but there is no green at all, but shades of blue and yellow and I think a wee bit of grey.


I did a simple loops through all the white squares. I didn't want any distraction to the lovely fabric.


The border was just some waves. Just nice and simple.


And binding, I brought this just the other day. I had nothing for binding at home. So I went to Spotlight and made a brave choice. I didn't take the quilt in with me, I just tried to rely on my memory of the fabric and guess. I think i did a pretty good job with it.


Even the cat loves it!

It means that I can give it to my Mum (belated birthday and Mothers Day) and move on to finishing my 'soon to arrive nieces' quilt. THEN I can make a start of Blair's Batman quilt. I want to get these two UFO's all done before I make a start. It was my self imposed requirement before I started cutting the Batman fabric. It is sitting on the dining room table so with every meal I can look at it and admire. I cant wait to make it. I am rather pleased Blair asked for his own quilt. Perfect excuse to do some sewing!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment