Monday, January 24, 2011

Another busy week






So I finished Adele's quilt, so it is in getting quilted, so then the binding and finished! I am going to wait till it is all finished before I posted a photo, just so I can explain it all.






So last week a friend's daughter biked over her rainbow twirly skirt and her mum asked me what I could do... I really wanted to keep the length, but there were some pretty huge holes. So made a whole heap of yo-yo flowers and hand stitched them all on. I was pleased and I really hope her little girl is too.


I used left over pieces from Adele's quilt, so still nice and light for twirling.





I also made myself a bag. I am just so pleased with this! You know how every now and then you make something that you just LOVE and want to show it off...well this is one of those projects. Over summer I treated myself to the Amy Butler pattern, "The Birdie Sling", it is a huge bag, I could get lost in it. Then a bit later I got a "treat" afternoon where I got to go fabric shopping by my self, so I picked this amazing fabric by Moda. Near our beach they have just opened a Cushla's Village Fabrics and I just love it. So anyway, here is the finished project. It is lined with a lovely teal blue fabric...I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!



And even better for my birthday, which is still a week away, but I found my new book and just had to start reading...I got an Amy Butler book. And once again there are a whole heap of bags I just want to make. I am going to be so busy.


Plus baked a couple of cakes and starting making some relish, but more about the relish next time.

Tx

1 comment:

  1. That bag is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see your completed quilt!! Great Blog

    ReplyDelete