Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cut, cut, cut oh crap!

I have made a start on cutting the quilt top my MY bed. Wahoo. Pretty much all I can do on the quilting front as my machine is in getting fixed and I left my quilting foot on the machine and the machine I borrowed, well I didn't even think to ask to grab the foot. I don't particularly like cutting so it is a good way to make me do it. Although I really just start sewing more clothes for my over clothed family. I am so excited about this quilt so it sort of has been "fun" getting it all sorted. So tonight I have cut 135 5.5 inch squares, which goes into 9 perfectly! Couldn't have planned it better. Well sort of. There was meant to be a couple more but I sort of cut them to the wrong size as I was trying to do the maths in my head about what I had cut.





So here is the pesky 5.5 by 5 inch rectangle I guess. It is rather pink so I am guessing Blair wont be too gutted!




















And here is my very small looking bundle. It always looks so small when it is nicely stacked. I haven't started on the white yet, I thought I would wait until I had most of the colours sewn up. So I will have 15 coloured blocks and I think I need 12 or 13 so might be able to make a pillow or something. It is always good to have a couple of spares just in case.



Right going to go sit down with a coffee, been standing for what feels like for ages! Need to rest.



Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment